Online training and Live Scan background checks required by law for all volunteers.
A new law has taken effect in California, effective January 1, 2022 and will further support our mission to protect youth in our program from neglect and abuse. Pursuant to California Business and Professions Code Section 18975 (formally referred to as AB 506 of 2021), volunteers, employees, and administrators are now required to take an additional training and complete a Live Scan background check.
- Complete Mandated Reporter Training from the state of California
- Upload certificate of completion for training to SVMBC council portal on www.californiascouting.org
- Get a Live Scan Fingerprint & Background check
- Download and print the Request for Live Scan Form (unique to our council)
- Find the Live Scan site near you, bring the completed form to the service provider. Each individual must pay a fingerprint rolling fee ($20-$40) and FBI background check fee ($15) to the Live Scan provider.
- Live Scan Location: Verify Group Inc. located at 262 E Hamilton Ave Suite A, Campbell, CA 95008. Click on https://verifygroup.youcanbook.me/ and select “Live Scan Fingerprinting” to schedule.
- Any Live Scan Location is allowed.
We are offering Live Scan Background checks at many upcoming council events.