Join Scouts Nationwide to help all corners of our communities!
As we have throughout our history, Scouting families have answered the call to work together in service of the greater good. From public health drives…to caring for the environment…to assisting neighbors in need…Scouts have always been a force for positivity and goodness in our communities.
Take a moment and report what service project you completed.
This information is used to communicate the broad impact of Scouting service in our community.
Scouting For Food – November 4th – Collection Day
Scouting for Food is an annual food-collection drive, and one of the many service projects the BSA has conducted since 1910.
870,000 Bay Area residents and a quarter million residents in our council geography lack adequate access to food. Scouts can help make an impact by participating in the annual Scouting for food drive
This annual effort for Scouting in the Greater Bay Area is coordinated in November. Door hangers are provided in October for Scouts to distribute to neighbors and businesses during the week of October 21 to November 3, requesting donations to be picked up on November 4th after 9:00 am.
The plan is simple:
- Print off and read the 2023 Scouting for Food Flier version 2.
- Scouting for Food Door Hangers can be picked up from both Scout Service Centers (San Jose and Monterey) Hangers are available NOW at the San Jose Office and Monterey in a few days. You can participate as an individual, family, or unit.
- Select the area where your unit will distribute door hangers in your neighborhood the week of October 21nd to November 3rd. Links to an online map and instructions are on number 3.
- Instructions on how to use the Google Scouting for Food Map
- Selecting your area of coverage on the Scouting for Food Google Map (2023 SVMBC Scouting for Food Map).
- Pick up the food left outside of the homes on November 4th after 9:00 am, and deliver it to a local food bank or pantry (see flier for food banks and pantries in your area).
- Log your efforts on the Council Formsite for Service
- Please report your service before December 1st.
Food collected during this drive stays in neighborhood that it was collected.
Is your unit doing a service activity? Share with a post on social media and include hashtags #summerofservice #svmbc.
We also have Yard Signs for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA that units can use while working. Please contact us at 408-638-8300 to get yours today!
We would love to showcase your activity! Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org