The Order of the Arrow is the national honor society of the Boy Scouts. Youth are elected by fellow Scouts for exemplifying the Oath and Law in their daily life. The Order of the Arrow is based on American Indian tradition and dedicated to the ideal of cheerful service.
The Order of the Arrow strives to achieve the following:
- Recognize Scout campers who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives
- Develop and maintain camping traditions and camping spirit
- Promote Scout camping
- Crystalize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others
Lodge Holiday Flyer — Sign up today!
2014 Dues & Registration (this form is to be used for paying dues for the current year)
If you and/or your unit want to find out more about the activities of the Order of the Arrow or need a leadership position for Star, Life or Eagle, contact an Order of the Arrow Representative at 408.638.8334 or email OA@svmbc.org.
For those interested, the Order of the Arrow national website has a variety of publications that will answer your questions about the “Brotherhood of Cheerful Service:”
- Guide for Officers and Advisers
- Chapter Operations Guide
- Lodge Adviser’s Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
For members, they are available at the service centers. For non members of Saklan Lodge, order at this link. Click here.
Lodge Executive Committee Meetings
The Lodge Executive Committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday monthly at 7:30 PM. The meetings are held at the council service center in San Jose: 970 West Julian Street. Those unable to attend the San Jose location are welcome to join via the Internet. We use GoToMeeting.com as the program provider. Download that software in advance to be able to see the screen and video.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (619) 550-0000
Access Code: 481-005-045