The Career Exploring program is Learning for Life’s program that enables students 14-20 to gain hands-on, real world experiences in career fields of their choice.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate an Explorer post by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow and develop.
Explorers Belong to a Post
Every Explorer is a member of an Exploring Post. Each post is a large group of boys and girls, specializing in a specific career program area. Exploring Posts in Santa Clara County include:
- Law Enforcement Law Enforcement Exploring combines some classroom training with ride-alongs in police vehicles, pistol shooting, community policing, and more.
- Fire You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be a volunteer or full-time Fire Fighter through firefighting training and ride-alongs during actual fire calls.
- Engineering You will have an opportunity to network with professionals who work in these careers including engineers, researchers, computer engineers and many others.
- Medical You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to take vital signs, evaluate an X-ray for broken bones, properly put on surgical masks, gloves and gowns, and much more in the medical field.
- Aviation You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Aviation and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Aviation.
Please visit our local website for an updated list of programs we offer.
For more information on Learning for Life and Exploring, contact Hanna Woodman at 408.638.8322 or email@example.com.
Our Exploring program is part of Learning for Life, which is a separate program put on through the 501c3. To learn more about Learning for Life, please visit www.learningforlife.org