The Biggest Council Scouting Event of the Year!
Click Image Below for our Video!
Please register for the kick-off here
Saturday, February 27, 2016
10:00am to 11:30am
History Park, San Jose
1650 Senter Road, San José, CA 95112
10:00am to 11:30am
Salinas Elks Lodge
466 Airport Blvd., Salinas, CA 93905
Design the Scout-O-Rama patch that everyone will wear!!!
Click here to print the patch design form and turn in your winning design.
What is Scout-O-Rama?
Scout-O-Rama is a large outdoor event where Scouting groups in our local community showcase games, crafts, activities, skills and more. All-in-all there are typically over 200 booths or activities at the yearly event, which amazes over 6,000 visitors.
Imagine thousands of scouts from all four counties coming together to show off the best of what Scouting has to offer to the community!
Scout leaders will leave Scout-O-Rama with months of activity ideas for their Troops, Crews or Packs. Scouts will leave with their heads spinning, full of the fun and amazing opportunities the Scouting program offers. Family members will leave happy, knowing that Scouting will make a difference in their child’s life.
Scouting units sell Scout-O-Rama ticket cards which will grant a family gate admission to the event, but card sales will earn money for you Scouting unit!
Units earn a 30% commission ($3 for every ticket sold) on all sales! This can add up to hundreds of dollars very quickly! The $10 Ticket Cards are good for Scout-O-Rama entry for a family. Parking fees are not included.
Unit Incentive Programs:
On March 18, April 1 & April 15 we will have a drawing for a $100.00 gift card for Units that turn in $100.00.
The unit TOP (Pack, Troop, or Crew) in the Council will receive a $150.00 gift card.
Awesome Prizes for every Scout who sells!
- 30% commission rate means $3 per card sold
- Every scout that sells at least 1 card, received a 2016 Scout-O-Rama patch
- For every 3 cards sold, the Scout receives $1 in Scout bucks (terms and conditions apply)
- Each Scout who sells 15 cards receives a pair of Aerobie © Rocket Football (right hand only)
- Each Scout who sells 25 cards receives a $15 gift card to Mel Cotton’s Sporting Goods or a Kendama.
- For every 50 cards sold the Scout receives a $50 gift card to Mel Cotton’s Sporting Goods
- On March 18, April 1 & April 15 we will have a drawing for a $100 gift card to Mel Cotton’s Sporting Goods for Units that have turned in $100.00
- The TOP selling Unit will receive a $150 gift card to Mel Cotton’s Sporting Goods
- The youth that sells the most cards over the campaign will be the Grand Marshall of the opening parade
Booth Map and Information
Every Scouting unit in the council has the opportunity to host a booth at the event. It is a fun way to show off skills, crafts, games, activities and more with other local Scouting units. We encourage every one of our packs, troops, crews and explorer posts to host a booth!
We encourage all Scouting units to host a booth at Scout-O-Rama.
Current Booth Map
Some popular booths include:
- Box Hockey
- Marshmallow Shooting
- Raingutter Regatta
- Water Rockets
- Paracord Bracelets
- Emergency Rescue
- Monkey Bridge
- Rope Making
- Tomahawk Throwing
- And hundreds more…
Sponsorship & Advertising
Do you have or know a business that could benefit from advertising to the Scouting community?
The souvenir program is distributed to over 6,000 event participants.
Pricing for color ads:
$250 – business card
$500 – quarter page
$750 – half page
$1,000 – full page
Booth at the event $500. There is separate pricing for non-profit organizations.
For more information on Scout-O-Rama: coupon cards, booth participation, unit incentives, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, or anything else, please contact us at 408-638-8300 or email Activities@svmbc.org.